Don’t we all know how it feels sometimes, when you just can’t quite put your finger on something? You may know that something isn’t quite right, but you just don’t know what to do to correct it.
Well when it comes to your favorite conditioner, there may be just a tad bit of something missing. With our long list of pros on that special conditioner that we use (be it protein or moisture based), we may find that there may be one or two pesky cons. Fret no more, there is a solution!
With the method of “waking up” your conditioner, you can flip those little negatives into positives in no time. This entails placing simple additives into the product in order to give it that extra “umph”. Think you can’t afford it? Don’t worry about the price ladies and gents, ingredients that have worked for me in altering the conditioner include many things that we all can quickly pull from the kitchen cupboard. And get this: you only need small amounts, usually about a tablespoon or two does wonders for the hair (be sure to take into consideration the length of hair and the amount of product used when adding to the base conditioner). Check out these enhancers that add that natural touch to your conditioner, these are safe for all hair types!
- Honey – a natural humectant that has proven to add shine and moisture to your strands
- Oils (Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Avocado Oil, etc.) – these add that extra touch to the product allowing it to further condition, smooth out the hair follicle, and retain more moisture. It also provides slip.
- Essential Oils (peppermint, tea tree, lavender, etc.) – peppermint oil stimulates the scalp, tea tree oil relieves itchy and dry scalps, lavender oil aids those experiencing hair loss and promotes growth.
- Egg – doing a cholesterol treatment? Want a little protein kick in that conditioner? Eggs are your ally!
- Cayenne Pepper (w/an oil of choice) – natural scalp stimulant
- Vitamin E – improves scalp circulation